Urgent Requirement of Procurement Engineer required at Gem Allied & Machinery Industries, Howrah
Job Highlights: Detailed knowledge of the equipment, materials and supplies used in a particular industry, and are able to identify companies that sell them. They evaluate suppliers and negotiate purchase agreements with them, as well as maintain the inventory of supplies.
Minimum Experience: 3 to 5 Yrs
Location: Jalan Complex, Howrah
Salary : No bar for the right candidate.
1. Determine Needs: Engineers use their specialized knowledge to determine that the facility has the machinery, components and supplies needed to efficiently and safely operate.
2. Choose Suppliers important responsibility of a Procurement Engineer is choosing the appropriate suppliers to purchase from. Procurement Engineers do extensive industry research, meet with salespeople and compares their products and prices.
3. Negotiate Prices and Award Contracts the Procurement Engineer has selected vendors, they negotiate sales agreements to purchase the required products. They then award contracts to the vendors, and continue to administer these contracts throughout the relationship.
4. Manage Suppliers: Engineers are responsible for managing supplier performance in terms of quality, cost, delivery, and responsiveness. They periodically review suppliers, and launch improvement programs where required. Procurement Engineers must always be thinking of ways to eliminate waste and variability in the supply chain.
Core skills: Based on job listings we looked at; we want Procurement Engineers with these core skills. If you want to work as a Procurement Engineer, focus on the following.
• Experience in an engineering, procurement and operations
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with personal computers and networking, specifically Microsoft Excel
• Ability to analyze bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements
• Knowledge and direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers
• Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities
Advanced skills: While most employers did not require the following skills, multiple job listings included them as preferred. Add these to your Procurement Engineer toolbox and broaden your career options.
• SAP & Google Documents (Sheet, Docs, Drive)
• Professional Engineering License
• Willingness to travel
• Working knowledge of LANL Engineering Standards and LANL Conduct of Engineering principles and procedures
Kindly reply with the following details to: Santa Bagchi at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Years of Experience:
3. Previous Industries:
4. Contacts Details: