The demand for dried food products that have the same high quality and authenticity as their fresh counterparts is ever-increasing. The GEM Apron Band Dryer achieves this quality while minimizing production costs and environmental footprint.
The Band Dryer is the typical continuous convection heat transfer type of dryer, which has been improved and modified over many years. This is a hot air type of dryer, where the materials are placed on a band conveyor (steel or perforated plate, etc.) and are dried by hot air as they move through the drying chamber. In general, the band dryer forcibly passes hot air through the gaps in the material layers to dry the material.
Conditions such as the temperature and airflow speed can be freely and accurately controlled to obtain a high quality dry product.
1. The temperature, humidity and airflow speed can be easily set and controlled for each zone according to the progress of drying. (Zone control)
2. The drying time can be freely adjusted for consistent heat progression, which produces uniform products with minimal drying unevenness.
3. Materials are dried while stationary, which greatly minimizes damage and dust scattering.
4. In particular, this dryer allows the granulating and shaping of sludge or irregularly shaped materials. Also appropriate for adhesive or thixotropic materials.
5. An (automatic) washing device can be set on the conveyor to make cleaning easy and prevent contamination while maintaining excellent sanitation.
6. Usable in a wide range of temperatures, from low temperature (humid air) to high temperature.
7. Various models are available (from one stage to multiple stages) for compatibility with both low and high volumes.